Partial reopening of school
Having carried out reviews and risk assessments, the school is in a position to reopen to the children of critical workers (see list at the bottom of this letter) and to vulnerable children. The school will provide childcare from Monday 20th April (9am to 3.30pm) by school staff, and your children will be provided with a meal unless you wish to give them a packed lunch.
The government has made it very clear that even though ‘children with at least one parent/carer who is critical to the coronavirus (COVID-19) response can go to school if required, many families working in critical sectors, will be able to ensure their child is kept at home. Every child who can be safely cared for at home, SHOULD BE, to limit the chance of the virus spreading’.
If you are a critical worker and have ABSOLUTELY NO means of keeping your child safe at home, then please email us at email@example.com. Please let us know which days your child/ren will need to attend next week, and if they require a school meal or will be bringing their own lunch.
Under the above circumstances and as long as your child doesn’t have a cold, a cough, a sore throat or a high temperature (37.4 degrees and above), a school place will be offered to them.
As guidelines and circumstances are constantly changing, we are unable to confirm how long we are able to offer this provision and will review this regularly. We will obviously keep you informed.
Thank you for your support in this matter of national emergency.
With Best Wishes
Mrs Stephanie Cotton
Critical workers are employees who work for:
- The National Health Service
- The Armed forces
- Teachers, school staff and childcare staff
- Care home workers
- Social workers
- Pharmacists/Pharmacy Workers
- Police officers, community support officers & civilian staff working for the Police
- Prison officer or other probation staff
- All Local authority officers
- Environmental health officers
- Highway Agency traffic officers
- Supermarket staff and supermarket delivery drivers
- Employees of key infrastructure industries such as Gas / Electricity / Water