Remote Learning Expectations
Welcome to year 1’s class page. Here we will keep you updated with all of our amazing learning over the year. At the bottom of this page you will find documents and links that you may find useful to support your child’s learning at home.
Our P.E lessons will take place on a Tuesday. Children are to come to school wearing their P.E kits. Please ensure that your child has appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather. Our school P.E kit consists of a yellow t-shirt, blue shorts and pumps. Children are allowed to wear jogging bottoms, a jacket and trainers for outdoor P.E lessons. Hair should be tied back and no jewellery should be worn.
Children are expected to:
- Read at least 4 times per week – this should be recorded in their reading diary to enable them to earn points (they can read their phonics words and phonics books. Any other reading from free choice books to sign posts and menus should also be recorded).
- Practise their spellings – these will be checked and changed weekly
- Practise their number bonds to 10 and 20 – they need to be fluent in these and able to recall them quickly
- Practise their times tables – using the Times Tables Rock Stars app they should complete sessions set by their teacher weekly.
We appreciate all of your support with homework, please help your child complete as much as possible to help them earn lots of points!
Breakfast and Tuck
Bagels are provided first thing in the morning when your child arrives at school. These are free of charge and all children can help themselves if they would like one.
Children can then order tuck for morning break. We offer:
- Toast – 20p
- Fruit – 20p
- Raisins – 20p
- Juice (orange, forest fruits or apple) – 25p
Tuck will not be ordered if the child has no money with them.
Children are responsible for looking after their own belongings. Please make sure your child’s name is on all of their belongings clearly to avoid confusion and the mix up of items. Thank you.
Our learning this term - Spring 1
Our learning this term - Autumn 2
Our Weekly Timetable
Merry Christmas from Year 1 x
Remote Learning Arrangements
Class teachers will contact you to share the remote learning arrangements and expectations via text which will direct you to the class page on the school website. Class teachers will also share a timetable of learning – this will consist of a maths lesson, a phonics/writing lesson and one other subject lesson per day.