Welcome to Year 4’s class page. Here we will keep you updated with all of our amazing learning over the year. At the bottom of this page you will find documents and links that you may find useful to support your child’s learning at home.
Our P.E lesson will take place on a Tuesday. Children are to bring their P.E kit in a named bag on a Monday and put into their locker and take it home on Friday.
Our school P.E kit consists of black shorts or tracksuit bottoms, white T-shirt and black pumps. (trainers for outside) During the colder months a black sweatshirt can also be worn.
Hair should be tied back and no jewellery should be worn.
Children are expected to:
- Read at least 4 times per week – this should be recorded in their reading diary which should be brought in to school every day. Children can read their phonics words and phonics books if appropriate. Ability allocated eBooks are available through the Oxford Reading Buddy website and logins are in children's reading diaries. Your child will also have a reading for pleasure book to share at home. All of these things count towards our expectation of children reading at least 4 times per week.
- Practise their spellings – there will be a spelling quiz at the end of each week. The spellings are in their diaries (and below).
- Practise their times tables – using the Times Tables Rock Stars app, they should complete sessions set by their teacher weekly. We expect children to access TTRS for at least 30 minutes each week.
We appreciate all of your support with homework, please help your child complete as much as possible to help them earn lots of DoJo points!
Breakfast and Tuck
Bagels are provided first thing in the morning when your child arrives at school. These are free of charge and all children can help themselves if they would like one.
Children can then go to the hatch at break time and buy their tuck. Each item is 50p.
- Juice- orange, forest fruits or apple
- Ice cream milkshakes- chocolate, banana. strawberry or vanilla
Children are responsible for looking after their own belongings. Please make sure your child’s name is on all of their belongings clearly to avoid confusion and the mix up of items. Thank you.