Welcome to Year 5's class page!
Here we will keep you updated with all of our amazing learning over the year. At the bottom of this page you will find documents and links that you may find useful to support your child's learning at home.
Our P.E. lessons will take place on Thursdays. Children are to bring their PE kit to school in a bag. Please ensure that your child has appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather. Our school P.E. kit consists of a white t-shirt, black shorts and pumps or trainers. Children are allowed to wear black jogging bottoms, a black jumper and trainers for outdoor P.E. lessons. Hair must be tied back and no jewellery should be worn on PE days.
- Children are allocated books suitable to their ability on Oxford Ready Buddy (their login is in their Reading Record). Children also have a ‘Reading for Pleasure’ book which they choose themselves from the class library. This is to share at home and it is expected that good care is taken of the book. Lost or damaged books will incur a like-for-like replacement cost.
All of our children are expected to read at home at least four times per week with an adult recording their reading in the child’s Reading Record book. Reading Records will be checked every Friday by staff in your child’s class. Children who have met the expectation of reading at least four times per week will be rewarded with 5 DoJo points.
- Children should practise and learn their spellings which are set each week. School have provided exercise books to keep at home to help with this.
- Using the Times Tables Rock Stars app, children should complete sessions set weekly by their teacher (60 minutes a week).
For more information, see our Home Learning page on the website (click the link). https://www.brownhillswest.com/home-learning-information/
We appreciate all of your support with homework. Please help your child to complete as much as possible to help them earn lots of DoJo points!
Breakfast and Tuck
Bagels and crumpets are provided first thing in the morning when your child arrives at school. These are free of charge and all children can help themselves to one.
Children can also order tuck for morning break. We offer:
- Pancake 50p
- Vanilla Milkshake 50p
- Chocolate Milkshake 50p
- Banana Milkshake 50p
- Strawberry Milkshake 50p
- Juice (forest fruits, orange or apple) - 50p
- Tuck cannot be ordered if the child has no money with them.
Children are responsible for looking after their own belongings. Please make sure your child's name is clearly labelled on all of their belongings to avoid confusion. Thank you.