Welcome to Year 5's class page!
Here we will keep you updated with all of our amazing learning over the year. At the bottom of this page you will find documents and links that you may find useful to support your child's learning at home.
Our P.E. lessons will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children are to come to school wearing their P.E. kits. Please ensure that your child has appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather. Our school P.E. kit consists of a team coloured t-shirt, blue shorts and pumps. Children are allowed to wear jogging bottoms, a jacket and trainers for outdoor P.E. lessons. Hair must be tied back and no jewellery should be worn on PE days.
Children are expected to:
- Read at least 4 times per week - this should be recorded in their reading diary which needs to be brought into school daily. Children are able to choose books from their class library and eBooks are also available on the Oxford Ready Buddy and Oxford Owl websites. Children have logins for all of these.
- Practise their year group spellings. These are no longer set weekly, children have their termly list to learn for the Spelling Bee competition.
- Practise their times tables - using the Times Tables Rock Stars app they should complete sessions set weekly by their teacher (30 minutes a week).
- We appreciate all of your support with homework. Please help your child to complete as much as possible to help them earn lots of points!
Breakfast and Tuck
Bagels are provided first thing in the morning when your child arrives at school. These are free of charge and all children can help themselves to one.
Children can also order tuck for morning break. We offer:
- Toast - 20p
- Teacakes - 20p
- Fruit - 20p
- Raisins - 20p
- Juice (forest fruits, orange or apple) - 25p
- Tuck can not be ordered if the child has no money with them.
Children are responsible for looking after their own belongings. Please make sure your child's name is clearly labelled on all of their belongings to avoid confusion. Thank you.
Year 5 Autumn Term Curriculum Map
To start the year off, we had a D&T immersion week. Our task was to design and make a felt tablet or phone case. We had to create a design criteria, measure our phone or tablet to make sure it was the correct size, create a template, practise a variety of stitches and then cut and sew the felt to make our cases. We all LOVED the week and can't wait to take our end products home with us! Have a look at what we got up to...